All manuscripts submitted to CIN for publication consideration must be tendered through CIN‘s Editorial Manager Web site.
Editorial Manager is a manuscript submission and peer review management application used by editorial offices to track articles, communicate with authors and reviewers, manage revision cycles and publication decisions, and release files to production staff. Its menu system is role- and context-sensitive. Authors, reviewers, and editors can log in from any computer with Internet access to view manuscripts, track article status, send messages, and provide feedback.
Brief instructions on submitting an article follow. For complete information, please download a copy of the CIN Information for Authors Revised 2011 (PDF).
First-time users: Click the “Register” button from the main menu (on the upper banner) and enter the requested information. On successful registration, you will be sent an e-mail indicating your user name and password. Save a copy of this information for future reference. Then log into the system as an author.
Return users: If you have received an e-mail from us with an assigned user ID and password as an author or as a reviewer, do not register again. Simply log in as an author.
If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Your Password?” link, fill in the fields with your name and e-mail address, and click “submit.” Your password will be e-mailed to the address you provide regardless of the information in your contact record.
Once you have an assigned ID and password, you do not have to re-register, even if your status changes (that is, author, reviewer, or editor). CIN user IDs and passwords are not shared; if you are registered at another journal’s EM site, you must register again for CIN.
After you log in as an author, you can submit your manuscript according to the step-by-step instructions on the Web pages. You will receive an e-mail confirmation after the manuscript is submitted; the e-mail will contain instructions on how to track the progress of your manuscript through the system. If you experience any problems, please refer to the detailed “Author Tutorial” guide available on the Editorial Manager Web site.
If you still need assistance, contact the Editorial Office by e-mail.
CIN editorial staff does everything in its power to ensure timely peer review and editorial decision cycles. Manuscript status is posted at the Web site and updates when the following milestones are reached:
- After successful submission, status is “submitted to journal.” If the status is “incomplete,” then you may need to return to the site to review and approve the final PDF, or a required item was omitted from the submission.
- After the manuscript undergoes technical review and is assigned to an editor, status is “With Editor.”
- When reviewers are invited, status changes to “Reviewer invited.”
- When reviewers accept invitations, status changes to “under review.” In some cases, if a reviewer is unable to complete an assignment, status may change back to “reviewer invited” as subsequent invitations are issued.
- When reviews are complete, status changes to “Required reviews complete.”
- If a revised manuscript is submitted to the journal for an editorial decision, the status may remain “with editor” for a period of time as the article is queued for an editorial review.
Editorial Manager menus are role- and context-sensitive and will serve up the current manuscript status immediately when you log in to the site. If you have questions about status terms, or if a period in the review cycle seems to take longer than expected, please contact the editorial office.
Please be aware that multiple status queries may slow the review and editorial cycles as staff take the time to research and answer questions individually.