A premier service of Maine Desk is helping authors see their name in print. We do this through the services of Your Publishing Coach.
Does this sound familiar?
You did something interesting–an innovation at work, a research project, a terrific student paper. A colleague said, “You should publish this!” so you wrote it up and sent it to a journal. It came back with either a flat-out rejection or a lukewarm suggestion for extensive revision. Now you are at a loss–what is the next step?
Call the staff at Maine Desk. We can help. This scenario is all too familiar. While many colleagues may suggest that you publish your work, few offer concrete steps for success. We do–in fact, we can be your coach.
We take a first draft or rejected manuscript and help you move through the process to see your name in print. We work with you every step of the way: targeting journals for publication, writing query letters, revising the manuscript to meet the specifications of the identified journal. We make sure you submit the manuscript in the proper format and follow up with the editor during the revision process.
An all-in-one package.
Your Publishing Coach is designed to be affordable. For a flat fee of $400, we work with you from beginning to end–including necessary revisions after initial review by a journal. We even include the champagne celebration after your manuscript is accepted for publication!
Is this service right for you?
Personal consultation is the best way to make a decision. Contact us directly, whether by phone or email, to discuss your publishing needs.
Examples of authors we have coached to publication:
- Zauderer CR. Eating disorders and pregnancy: supporting the anorexic or bulimic expectant mother. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2012 Jan-Feb;37(1):48-55.
- Zauderer CR, Ganzer CA. Cinematic technology: the role of visual learning. Nurse Educ. 2011 Mar-Apr;36(2):76-9.
- Yeo S. A risk reduction model for late-onset preeclampsia: a theory for using low-intensity exercises to enhance cardiac homeostasis in nursing research and practice. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2011 Jan-Mar;34(1):78-88. PubMed PMID: 21304285.
- Palmer D, Kramlich D. An introduction to the multisystem model of knowledge integration and translation. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2011 Jan-Mar;34(1):29-38. PubMed PMID: 21304281.
- Hasse B, Ledergerber B, Hirschel B, Vernazza P, Glass TR, Jeannin A, Evison JM, Elzi L, Cavassini M, Bernasconi E, Nicca D, Weber R; Swiss HIV Cohort Study. Frequency and determinants of unprotected sex among HIV-infected persons: the Swiss HIV cohort study. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Dec 1;51(11):1314-22.
- Zauderer, C, Galea, E. Breastfeeding and depression: empowering the new mother. British Journal of Midwifery. 2010 Feb;18(2)88-91.
- Samia LW, Ellenbecker CH. Strategies to recruit difficult-to-reach home health care nurses for research. Appl Nurs Res. 2010 Apr 8.
- Zauderer C. Postpartum depression: how childbirth educators can help break the silence. J Perinat Educ. 2009 Spring;18(2):23-31. PubMed PMID: 20190853; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2684038.
- Zauderer C. Maternity care for Orthodox Jewish couples: implications for nurses in the obstetric setting. Nurs Womens Health. 2009 Apr;13(2):112-20.
- Zauderer CR. A case study of postpartum depression & altered maternal-newborn attachment. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2008 May-Jun;33(3):173-8.
- Ellenbecker CH, Porell FW, Samia L, Byleckie JJ, Milburn M. Predictors of home healthcare nurse retention. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2008;40(2):151-60.
- Ellenbecker CH, Byleckie JJ, Samia LW. Further psychometric testing of the home healthcare nurse job satisfaction scale. Res Nurs Health. 2008 Apr;31(2):152-64.
- Nicca D, Moody K, Elzi L, Spirig R. Comprehensive clinical adherence interventions to enable antiretroviral therapy: a case report. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2007 Nov-Dec 18;(6):44-53.
- Sargent RL. Management of blisters in the partial thickness burn: An integrative research review. Burn Care & Research. 2006 27;(1):66-81.
- Roulin MJ, Hurst S, Spirig R. Diaries written for ICU patients. Qual Health Res. 2007 Sep 17;(7):893-901.
- Shih FJ, Gau MJ, Lin YS, Pong SJ, Lin HR. Death and help expected from nurses when dying. Nurs Ethics. 2006 Jul 13;(4):360-75.
- Roulin MJ, Spirig R. Developing a care program to better know the chronically critically ill. Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2006 Dec 22;(6):355-61.
- Spirig R, Moody K, Battegay M, De Geest S. Symptom management in HIV/AIDS: advancing the conceptualization. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2005 Oct-Dec 28;(4):333-44.
- Wantland DJ, Portillo CJ, Holzemer WL et al. The effectiveness of Web-based vs. non-Web-based interventions: a meta-analysis of behavioral change outcomes. J Med Internet Res. 2004 Nov 10;(6)4:e40.
- Childs JC, Sepples SB, Moody KA. Mentoring youth: service-learning course within a college of nursing. J Nurs Educ. 2003 Apr 42;(4):182-5.